Friday, April 24, 2009

Much Better

The septic tank is in. After 1.5 days of not being able to send anything down a drain, I have great appreciation for modern plumbing conveniences. The kids thought their outdoor "bath" standing in a bucket last night was pretty exciting though. Everything's an adventure when you're a kid. Thank goodness for the warm weather we had yesterday!

So now I've got a load of diapers that badly needed washing in the machine, my birdhouse post moved, and my "new" perennial bed laid out. Unfortunately, it's rocky digging, so replacing the plants will have to wait until tomorrow. My back hurts. But I'm happy.

Oh, and we discovered something wonderful out in the garden today: the asparagus is up! Although I just planted it last year, and we're really not supposed to harvest much of it yet, Kaylee and I couldn't resist breaking off just one spear to eat right there. Yummy. There is absolutely no comparison between that and what you buy in the store. Even Rich agrees. Mmmmmmmm. I think I should have ordered another set of crowns. ;-)

Sorry, no pics....I can't find my camera. I think it's in the car somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment